Hi I am writing to tell a story of my day. I have had a failure with a student. It happens to all teachers whatever there teaching. I guess I feel a little setback and need to air out. I use a lot of software to teach with. I regularly use Guitar Pro and Powertab. I ran into a wall with someone that felt this was a bad idea. I was shocked to have this happen. I did think about it and some people do not have the facility's to interact with a program like this. I do not understand anyone in 2013 that can't open a file and read a tab. Having said that, that is not the case with some. I have to say if you really want to learn any song you will be better off using the software and you have to practice. There is no magic wand no chemical no dream genie that makes this happen. I felt like I was at odds over a fairly easy method of displaying the music. It gets even worse when I ask someone to learn to read music. I was fortunate that the people in my life stuck by the tradition of notation and helped my in more ways than I could have imagined. I am dumbfounded as to this experience. But I do understand that some people do not want to do the work or at best interact on a more cerebral level. Oh well I some times don't win em all!

Comments

Popular Posts